I learned something great about myself today. I learned that I can't just get over my feelings; I can't push them away and try to move on like everything is normal and fine. I've always thought that was a negative thing, but this time it made everything better and even made us stronger.
I told a friend everything I was feeling. Every embarrassing pathetic worry I had inside of me...things you tell someone else. ..And she listened. She even thanked me for letting her know and said I was one of the only friends she's ever had who is so openly honest with her and that's something she loves about me. It made an impact because, well, I never think anything about the way my mind works is positive. It's constantly causing me worry, doubt, shame, embarrassment, every other negative thought you can imagine. But now because of my honesty someone actually listened to my concerns and tried to make it better? What? What kind of mature friendship am in in?? An amazing one that I cherish more than ever now. I feel so lucky that I found her.
Sunday, June 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm glad : )
ReplyDeleteAww, that made my heart flutter with happy :D
ReplyDelete